Monday 14 March 2011

General update

Its been a while since my last post, but to be honest there hasn't been a lot happening on the patch, and since my Daughter has past her driving test I have been letting her use the car as often as poss. to give her more experience. However this in turn means I have less of a chance to get out and about myself , hence the lack of posts.
       Up on the flash, apart from the Shoveler, we have had Tufted Duck, and more recently a female Pintail. Like the Shoveler the Pintail was a first for the flash, but we have had Tufted before, still the list grows.
        The Lapwing continue to stay around the 100 mark, and I have had a high count of 24 Oystercatchers.  A Buzzard has put in an appearance on 2 occasions, but only seen the Kestrel once.


Reedmace (Bullrush) beginning to seed.
This morning I had a walk round Cliburn Moss nature reserve, and the place was alive with the drumming of Great spotted Woodpeckers. It was good to feel the warmth of the sun after a frosty start.



Mrs W couldn't resist doing this jigsaw with the Westies on .
          My sympathy's are with the people of  Japan, My their God be with them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

A big thank you to everyone for looking in and leaving their comments, much appreciated, Gordon.