Sunday 7 April 2013

Herons and Egrets at Wakodahatchee

Great Blue Heron at nest.
One of the things I found amazing about this place, was the way different species where nesting in such close proximity to each other, large side by side with small.


There was at least one chick in the nest, but not always visible

Wish I could do that with my neck

And just landing with nesting material for it mate Tricolored Heron

At this stage mate is barely visible in the background

That's right, you do the building while I spruce myself up.

Now where dose this bit go?
One stick at a time, the nest gets built.




And their next door neighbour, A Cattle Egret with young.


Give me the food, if you don't-------

I'll play dead.
All for now, hope you enjoy.

1 comment:

  1. You found a great rookery and took some wonderful photographs, Gordon!
    It's great to see all those new water birds!

    ReplyDelete

A big thank you to everyone for looking in and leaving their comments, much appreciated, Gordon.