Monday 17 April 2017

Golden Gate Park, San Francisco

While in San Francisco we decided to pay a visit to the Golden Gate Park, it turned out to be much bigger than we expected. Quite an extensive area with lots going on, baseball pitches, football areas, tennis , and other facilities.
    However the place that caught my eye was the rather large conservatory, with tropical plant house. So here are some of the blooms on display, but please don't ask me their names, i'll name them if I do know.










I beleive this to be an Agave, but not sure what variety.

It wasn't just the colour that attracted me to this flower, but also the lace like petals.

Got to be some variety of Orchid
well this is a stange one, but I beleive the white part to be the "bract" the flower is usually quite small and insignificant , an example would be Bougainvillea.

above and below we have Orchid, possibly Dendrobium , but not sure.


Its a Cacti , we'll leave it at that, LOL.



  
No prizes for guessing this one , last but not least, Water lilly of some variety.

7 comments:

  1. Hello, what a gorgeous collection of flowers. They are all beautiful.
    Happy Monday, enjoy your day and the new week ahead!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Eileen and the same to you.
      Take care Gordon.

      Delete
  2. Beautiful photos! Thank you so much for sharing, and warm greetings from Montreal, Canada. My grandparents on my father's side are from Kent. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Greeting to you too , and thank you for looking in. it is a small world when you think about it, I bet half of Canada have ancestors in the UK. LOL .
      All the best Gordon.

      Delete
  3. Beautiful flowers from the park. I recognize some of the flowers. I only know the orchids as orchids and cactus as cactus or cacti. Lol!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A bit similar to me in that respect LOL. All good fun though.
      Gordon.

      Delete
  4. I went to that Conservatory as a young teen. You got some amazing photos!

    ReplyDelete

A big thank you to everyone for looking in and leaving their comments, much appreciated, Gordon.